Through our Marda’s House (MH) transitional housing program (THP), women survivors can enjoy clean, stable housing for up to six months while they work toward independence. Housed residents participate in outreach case management, financial planning and individualized goals during their stay. All activities are aimed towards self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. The Marda’s House THP for single women is a 3-bedroom communal living model. The residents each have a private bedroom and share common space such as living room, dining room, bathrooms and kitchen. The THP for a woman and her children consists of a 3-bedroom home with the option of shared bedrooms and a common space such as living room, dining room, bathrooms and kitchen.
THP also offers the following victim support and follow up services that are designed to educate and empower each participant to achieve permanent housing and a violence free life.
• Advocacy and emotional support
• Outreach case management through previous shelter
• Assistance finding and maintaining permanent housing
• Safety planning
• Individualized goal setting and achievement plan development
• Financial literacy
• Job Skills Training
• Assistance with Transportation
• Referrals to community resources and services
• Follow-up services, for a minimum of 3 months and no more than 1 year, upon exiting transitional housing